Sunday, November 4, 2012

Little Did I Know

OK so we are going to start this off by saying one thing...I am not the best writer in the world. If you are expecting some literary masterpiece, you might want to keep searching other blogs...cuz this ain't it!!! This is just me, talking, like I am right there with you telling my story.

Well you might wonder why I am even starting this blog; hell I wonder why I am writing this blog. It's an opportunity for me to write things down, and maybe someone else will read it and least think it is somewhat interesting.

The focus of this blog will be about my life for the past 12 years or so. Now most of you know me well enough to know that I got married in 1990 to the person who I thought was my soulmate...Well, let's just say THAT did not work out so great. First of all, I married a woman. Second of all, I had lost myself and no longer wanted to be in a world where my opinion or thoughts was just second to what everyone else. Finally, I still had a part of my life to go through that I (at that time) did not believe even existed. We got divorced in 1992 and I spent the next 6 years trying to figure out if I was, in fact, gay.


Well, yep, you guessed it...rainbow city with glittery, unicorns, and butterflies. In 1998 I went to my first gay bar, Splash, in Austin, Texas, and it was the first time I had gone to a bar where I felt like I belonged (somewhat). In June of 2000 I met the man of my dreams. I was at the Rainbow Cattle Company (those who remember it can still smell the awful left-over smoke smell and remember the warm beer), and I was with a group of friends. I left that group because in walked this good-looking man with another  friend of mine. To protect the guilty, let's call my friend Bobby. I made small talk with Bobby. During our conversation I made the comment "that guy over there is so hot".


Bobby said "Who, Peter?"

"Well I don't know what his name is, but yes, him," I retorted. (Now here is where some of you may think how can this old fart remember a conversation from 12 years ago, but believe me I remember these words!)

Before I knew it, Bobby yelled, "Hey Peter, come over here!" I was mortified. This good looking guy was standing right in front of me. Bobby introduced us and left us two to talk alone. Left??! What the hell?? Who does that?! I was ready to strangle him, but was grateful for the opportunity to talk to this guy. We talked for a few minutes and then this Peter guy excused himself. I went back over to join the group of friends I came with and said, "I will never see that guy again." Little did I know how life would turn out.

1 comment:

  1. Your life turned out fine as long as you keep a steady supply of masking/duct tape in the drawer when Peter gets too "funny". ;)

    I am glad you are blogging boo. Big Hug.

    ReplyDelete